Menu

HISTORY OF PITTARD PARK & THE WINTERVILLE PAVILION

The Pittards settled Winterville in 1796. Emily Coile Harris, daughter of William Rutherford Coile and Laura Pittard Coile conceived the idea for this park in 1949.  Emily and her uncle Grady C. Pittard, Sr., who was the Mayor of    Winterville at the time organized the community in building this park on    Pittard property in 1949.

The Winterville Pavilion was completed in 2002 and was a community project funded by the Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax referendum passed by the citizens of Athens-Clarke County in November 1999. 

A recent renovation includes an all-purpose court, disc golf, two additional pavilions, bicycle pump track, natural playground, handicapped playground equipment, extended mulch trail with interpretive signage, and renovation of public restrooms and barbeque hut.  Click here for Rental information.

 

Large Pavilion Availability

Small Pavilion Availability