Menu

Winterville Historic Train Depot

Winterville began as a railroad town, or a wood and water station for the Georgia Railroad, which used to pass through town. Our town was incorporated in 1904, and in 1906, the Oglethorpe County portion of town was transferred to Clarke County. A few years ago, the train tracks were removed when the train stopped coming through Winterville. But we have our historic train depot to remind us of an earlier time when trains were the way to travel or move goods from one place to another. The depot serves as a community center and can be rented.

The Winterville Depot, once called the Six-Mile Train Station, was purchased by the city in 1982 and renovated for use as a community center and town hall. City Council meetings and other meetings were held in the depot for several years. Today, our depot has been renovated once again through the general funding of a Department of Transportation grant. The depot is the heart of our community and is host to many community meetings and social functions. 

 The Depot
The Depot is available for rent year-round. The rental rate is $120 per day with a $100 (cash only) refundable security deposit. 



Click here for a brochure. 

Click here for the rental application.

Contact City Hall at 706-742-8600 to check availability. 

 

 

Depot Calendar