top of page

Licenses & Permits

  • Alcohol License
  • Business License
    To obtain a Business License in the City of Winterville, the place of business must be located within the City Limits of Winterville and must comply to provisions of Section 32-102 of the City Charter. Download and print a business license application linked below or pick up a hard copy at City Hall. Paperwork must be completed in full and returned to City Hall with fee payment for review. Some applications may require further review by City Council at the next regularly scheduled public meeting. The deadline for business license applications and renewals is April 1.
  • Building Permit
    Prior to any buildings being located, erected, moved, added to, or structurally altered that equals $500 or more in building or alteration costs, a building permit issued from Winterville's Planning and Zoning (P & Z) Commission must be obtained. No building permits shall be issued except in conformity with the provisions of this Ordinance. The P & Z Commission meets on the first Monday of each month (first Wednesday if Monday is a holiday) at 5:30 pm in City Hall.
  • Garage Sale
    No permits are required, however, only two garage sales per year per residence is allowed. Residents may post no more than TWO signs that are not on their property and signs must be removed at the close of their sale. It is not permitted to place signs on utility poles or street signs.
  • Historic Preservation Commission - Certificate of Appropriateness
bottom of page